Former Prime Minister Hassan Diab filed Wednesday a lawsuit against the state, over his prosecution by lead investigator in the Beirut port blast, Judge Tarek Bitar.
Judicial sources told al-Jadeed TV that once Bitar is officially notified of the suit by Diab’s defense lawyers, the ex-PM’s prosecution will be paused until a decision is made.
The lawsuit was filed one day before Bitar’s scheduled session to interrogate Diab.
Diab, along with three ex-ministers and incumbent MPs Ali Hassan Khalil, Ghazi Zoaiter and Nohad al-Mashnouq had been charged by Bitar in the port case with negligence.
Khalil and Zoaiter on Wednesday also filed a lawsuit before the Court of Cassation to specify the competent authority for Bitar’s dismissal, media outlets said.
Copyright © 2012 Naharnet.com. All Rights Reserved. | https://naharnet.com/stories/en/285263 |