Naharnet
Latest stories
Security agreement reportedly in the works: What does it include?

A security agreement that is in the works will include "timetables for disarming all illegal militias, starting with Hezbollah and extending to the smallest Palestinian faction," a Lebanese government source said.

W140 Full Story
Jumblat says ceasefire an 'illusion', calls for 'civilized shelters'

Druze leader Walid Jumblat on Monday described the ceasefire between Lebanon and Israel as an "illusion."

W140 Full Story
Israel strikes south, Hezbollah fires drone at north Israel

Israeli strikes targeted Monday Tebnine, Dweir, Mayfadoun, Majdal Selem, Qana, Deir Ntar, Siddiqine, Maarakeh, Hanaway, Harouf, Kfar Remman, Zawtar, Deir Ames and Deir al-Zahrani in south Lebanon, after a midnight strike on an apartment in Baalbek killed an Islamic Jihad commander and his 17-year-old daughter and wounded two other people.

One person was killed in the strike on a house in Maarakeh, and eight others were wounded.

W140 Full Story
'Calm Before the Storm': Trump warns Iran in AI-generated picture

U.S. President Donald Trump has threatened Iran over its blockade of the Strait of Hormuz, posting an AI-generated picture on his Truth Social platform with Iranian-flagged naval vessels warning, "It Was The Calm Before the Storm."

Trump also warned in comments that Iran should make a deal with the U.S., saying, "if they don't, they're going to have a bad time. A very bad time."

W140 Full Story
Lebanon seeks 'real ceasefire' that begins Monday

Lebanon is conducting intensive contacts in coordination with the U.S. with the aim of reaching a comprehensive ceasefire with Israel, sources told Sky News Arabia.

W140 Full Story
Berri tells Aoun he can convince Hezbollah to cease fire if Israel does

Speaker Nabih Berri has told President Joseph Aoun in a phone call that Hezbollah would fully commit to a ceasefire if the Lebanese delegation managed to clench a ceasefire commitment from the Israeli side, MTV reported on Friday afternoon, shortly before the start of the second day of Lebanese-Israeli talks in Washington.

W140 Full Story
Jumblat warns that Hezbollah can't be disarmed by force

Druze leader Walid Jumblat has said that he does not fear a new civil war in Lebanon because such a war "requires two armed sides, and currently only Hezbollah possesses weapons."

W140 Full Story
Berri has 'something to say' when talks end but 'will not speak for now'

Parliament Speaker Nabih Berri is "opti-pessimistic" regarding the third round of direct talks with Israel, noting that "there is no ceasefire" and reiterating his preference for indirect negotiations to reach a genuine truce.

A nominal ceasefire reached last month has spared Beirut from strikes, but war has continued in southern and eastern Lebanon. A strike also targeted Beirut's southern suburbs during the truce.

W140 Full Story
Pessimism and tensions: Latest about Lebanon-Israel talks

There are no indications of any serious breakthrough in the negotiations between Lebanon and Israel, a source told Al-Arabiya following around four hours of Lebanese-Israeli talks in Washington.

"The atmosphere of the third round of Lebanese-Israeli negotiations does not call for optimism," the source said.

W140 Full Story
Israel strikes south and east as Lebanon, Israel envoys meet in Washington

Israeli strikes targeted Thursday Sinay, Teffahta, Tebna, Froun, Siddiqine, Haddatha, Zrarieh, Brayke', Kfarmelki, Qsaybeh, Jarjou', Kfarseer, Kafra, Arnoun-Shqif, al-Mansouri, Srifa and other villages and towns in south Lebanon, despite a ceasefire and direct Lebanese-Israeli talks scheduled for Thursday and Friday in Washington.

In the east of the country, strikes hit Yohmor, Sohmor, Lebbaya, and Ein el-Tineh.

W140 Full Story